Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A few pieces...A lot of looks

I have the same problem every fall, I buy a piece and I never have anything to make a complete outfit. Since I had Saturday morning/afternoon completely free I decided to take some of my new fall clothes together into outfits and take photos on my phone for outfit inspiration. I realized the pieces I thought would be the most impractical ended up being the most versatile of all. Here are some of my looks {some are repeated for comparison}
1. The leopard shirt paired well with my new royal blue bubble necklace. This is a simple outfit I could wear out to dinner or easilly to class as well. For the winter I would replace my glitter oxfords with wedge heeled black boots.

2. The red pants went surprisingly well with the leopard shirt. I added a black cardigan to tone down the brightness of the pants and loudness of the shirt. I think boots would also help tone down the brightness of the cherry red in the winter time.


3. I like the look of a boyish cut cardigan over the shirt. I would love to add a solid black scarf with my glasses for a nerdy-chic look.

 1. Look one would transition well between summer and fall. I could take off my denim jacket if it was too warm and these jeans are easy to cuff as well thanks to the zipper pocket.

2. Even though you aren't supposed to wear white after labor day I would love to wear my white jeans with my white lacoste shoes well into September/October. This look would be perfect for class since the shirt is a nice weight, not too heavy but not thin either.

3. I love knowing that I am able to dress these red jeans, I am sure I will wear them with simple black blouses or sparkly/sequin shirts for going out.
1. This is kinda my perfect outfit for school, comfy boot cut jeans, comfy shoes for walking, and a comfy shirt. As you can tell this look is all about comfort! But to make it look less frumpy I added my bubble necklace.

Now these are the looks I was stumped on. I absolutely adore my new blue and black blouse with this necklace but beyond this outfit I couldn't really come up with another outfit. And I love this shade of teal blue on the jeans, but the color didn't really "go" with much. and as much as I like this jewel tone look, I'm sure I would feel confident enough to rock it as school. This lace shirt is my favorite color, but I am in need of a matching camisole to go underneath it. If I can find one, I would love to rock it with a mint green statement necklace.









Where to Buy
{I am a big coupon person, so everything I bought was on sale or I used a coupon, these prices are not what I paid, just the current price online}
Leopard Shirt, $29.50, Loft
Red Jeans, $70, Gap
Red Sweater, $78, Nordstrom (Halogen)
Navy Striped Tee, $30, Gap
Denim Jeggings,$80, Express
Teal Jeggings, $80, Express
Bootcut Jeans, $60, Loft
Glitter Oxfords, $90, Nordstrom (Steve Madden)
Purple Lace top, $35, Aerie
Black Boots, $130, Nordstrom (BP.)
Bubble Necklace & Color Block Shirt, Bella Mia
Turquoise Necklace, Pitaya
Rhinestone collar necklace, American Eagle (old)

6 comments:

  1. i loved the way you mixed and matched all the pieces to make completely different looks. love that!

    loving the leopard top and your red jeans so much!

    and please, i don't listen to that rule about no white after labor day. i'd love to meet that person who made that rule and poke them in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute-- love all your combinations!! I just recentely discovered that I like my red jeans with my leopard top too! Great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of red trousers and I have nooo idea what to wear them with. Ever. I love the purple lace top in the lace photo. So pretty!
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to Loft this weekend to buy that shirt! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you see, this is what I need - how to's like this! How to mix and match outfits like this - sure does expand your wardrobe without spending extra! ha. cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin