1. I've worked at Aeropostale off and on since I was 16, and in that time I've decided that EVERYONE should have to work a retail job at least once in their life. It makes you a lot more conscious when you shop. You know how sometimes you pick up a shirt and don't fold it, or dig through a pile of undies...well someone (me!) has to clean that up and fold it. So please, think before you destroy a pile...especially if it is ten minutes before the mall closes.
2. Being a nanny rocks! It is my favorite job of the two obviously. I get to hang around with two little girls (5 and 7) and play house/mom all day long.
| I color |
| I make crafts |
| and play with Legos...obviously I've got the best gig around |
3. The mall is not a market or garage sale...no bartering prices. But really I have customers try to bargain with me as if I have any control over the price of their graphic tee that belongs in 2005
4. The family I nanny for gives me a pass to take the girls to the pool (best job ever!). The only issue about going to the pool is my hair gets super brassy and dry by the end of the summer, and I spend way to much money on poolside snacks like sugar filled strawberry smoothies.
| my summer drug of choice |
5. I did a one semester tutoring gig through my campus library...it sucked. I can teach little kids all day long, but teaching adults statistics is not my style.
6. I am pretty much forced to eat healthy when I nanny since the family I nanny for is pretty healthy. If I try to sneak candy or chips the girls come flocking to me like starved animals begging for whatever treat I have.
7. My favorite part of working retail is the dumb questions people ask me. Sometimes I question if they have ever bought something before in your life. For example:
do you have any coupons I can use? (no)
this shirt was on that table that says 5$. As they point to a table where the shirt is no where to be found since the shirt goes on the table right next to it with a sign labeled 20$
Conclusion people are dumb!


I had to laugh at that last bit about the dumb things customers say to you or try to do. I often wonder about people ha ha! I always clean up after myself when I shuffle through clothes - I wouldn't want to clean up someone else's mess so why make them clean up mine.
ReplyDeleteYour nanny job sounds so fun! That's one of my favorite things about being a part-time stay at home mom, kids are so fun! I love being able to whip out a color book and color, make cute crafts, draw on the sidewalks, run through the sprinkler, etc.
7 Things About My Job
That was only a sneak peek, I wish I could record people and make a blog about it. But I'm glad you're one of the few who is respectful :)
Deleteohh I remember coloring!! lol
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog!
Now following!!
looking forward to keeping up!!
xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com
1 is so true. I swear people don't have brains. 3 made me laugh...SO true! And boy 6, that is the reason I could never be a nanny. I am not healthy! haha!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Lauren. Customers sure are crazy and eating healthy takes some getting used to but it's definitely good for me.
Delete